University of Jaffna – Sri Lanka
Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce
Master of Business Administration
Intake VI – 2020/2021
The Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce of the University of Jaffna is pleased to announce the commencement of the Master of Business Administration (MBA – Intake VI) – 2020/2021 and invites applications for the admission from qualified candidates. Details of the course can be obtained from the website of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce: www.maco.jfn.ac.lk.
A candidate seeking admission to an MBA should possess any one or more of the following qualifications and should demonstrate a satisfactory level of English language proficiency:
i. A degree from a recognized University / Higher Education Institution
ii. A Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized University or Higher Education Institution/ Professional Institution with a minimum of one year post qualifying managerial/ relevant experience.
iii. At least any one of the following professional qualifications with three years managerial/ relevant experience:
- Chartered institute of marketing (CIM) UK
- Associate member of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) UK
- Associate member of Chartered Institute of Bankers (AIB) Sri Lanka
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)]
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Association of Chartered & Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Accountants (CA) Sri Lanka
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Sri Lanka
- Institute of Engineers (CIE) UK/Sri Lanka
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- At least a three year Higher National Diploma in Accountancy/ Management/ Marketing obtained from Ceylon Technical College/ Advanced Technical Institute/ Advanced Technological Institute, Sri Lanka, etc.
- Attorney – at – Law
iv. Any other academic/professional qualification(s) obtained from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum of three years of post qualifying experience acceptable to the board of study and the senate of the University of Jaffna.
Duration – Two years (Four (04) Semesters)
Medium of instruction – English
Total course fee for the MBA program is LKR Four Hundred Thousand (LKR 400,000.00). This can be paid in two installments as given below:
Application Fees. : Rs 2,000
First Year : Rs 230,000
Second Year : Rs 170,000
The closing date for application:
10.01.2022. Extended to 31.01.2022
Online Application form
Further information could be obtained through 021 221 6394 / 021 222 3610.
University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka