Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Intake IV – 2017/2018
The Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce of the University of Jaffna is pleased to announce the commencement of the Master of Business Administration (MBA) – 2017/2018 and invites applications for the admission from qualified candidates. Details of the courses can be obtained from the Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce or via the internet on the Faculty website: http://www.maco.jfn.ac.lk/
A candidate seeking admission to an MBA should possess any one or more of the following qualifications and should demonstrate a satisfactory level of English language proficiency:
- A degree from a recognized University / Higher Education Institution
- A Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized University or Higher Education Institution/ Professional Institution with a minimum of one year post qualifying managerial/ relevant experience.
- At least any one of the following professional qualifications with three years managerial/ relevant experience:
- Chartered institute of marketing (CIM) UK
- Associate member of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) UK
- Associate member of Chartered Institute of Bankers (AIB) Sri Lanka
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Association of Chartered & Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Accountants (CA) Sri Lanka
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Sri Lanka
- Institute of Engineers (CIE) UK/Sri Lanka
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- At least a three year Higher National Diploma in Accountancy/ Management/ Marketing obtained from Ceylon Technical College/ Advanced Technical Institute/ Advanced Technological Institute, Sri Lanka, etc.
- Attorney – at – Law
- Any other academic/professional qualification(s) obtained from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum of three years of post qualifying experience acceptable to the board of study and the senate of the University of Jaffna.
Structure – Semester based Course Unit System
Semester duration – Each semester extends for 20 weeks
Duration – Two years
Medium of instruction – English
Total course fee would be LKR Three hundred and fifty thousand per student. This can be paid in two installments as given below:
|Detail||Year 1||Year 2|
|Registration / Renewal||LKR 10,000||LKR 10,000|
|Tuition fee||LKR 175,000||LKR 125,000|
|Examination fees||LKR 15,000||LKR 15,000|
|Total||LKR 200,000||LKR 150,000|
* Application Fees: LKR 2000/=
CLOSING DATE: 31.08.2018
Application form and Paying in voucher can be downloaded from the Faculty website at http://www.maco.jfn.ac.lk/ or it can be obtained from MBA Office, Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce, University of Jaffna. Duly completed applications should be forwarded to “Coordinator, MBA programme, Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce, University of Jaffna, Thirunelveli” by registered post or submit it in person at the MBA Office, Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce on or before the closing date. Indicate “Application for MBA Programme” in the top left hand corner of the envelope.
More relevant information could be obtained through 021 221 6394, 0212223610.
University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka